1 Offer valid
only for new personal Merrill Edge IRA or CMA accounts. Offer is limited to one per account type (CMA or IRA); two total per accountholder (or per all accountholders of a joint account). Eligible IRAs limited to Rollover, Traditional, Roth and Sole-Proprietor SEP IRAs only. This offer does not apply to Merrill Edge Guided Investing Accounts, Business/Corporate Accounts, Investment Club Accounts, Partnership Accounts and certain fiduciary accounts held with Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (MLPF&S). Merrill Edge reserves the right to change or cancel this offer at any time.
How to Enroll:
Customers must enroll by entering the offer code in the online application or providing the code when speaking with a Merrill Edge Financial Solutions Advisor™ at 888.637.3343 or select Bank of America financial centers.
How it works:
- Enroll in offer when you open an account.
- Fund your account within 45 days with funds originating outside Bank of America and MLPF&S. Funds cannot originate from 401(k) accounts administered by MLPF&S.
- For purposes of this offer, qualifying balances are calculated by adding total incoming assets or transfers (including cash, securities and/or margin debit balance transfers) from external accounts, and subtracting assets withdrawn or transferred out of the account within the 180-day holding period.
- Assets of $20,000 to $49,999 in cash and/or securities receive $100; for $50,000-$99,999 receive $250; for $100,000-$199,999 receive $500; for $200,000 or more receive $1,000. You must have the qualifying balance 180 days after funding.
- Your one-time cash reward will be deposited into your IRA or CMA within two weeks after you meet qualifying criteria.
If your new account is a Merrill Edge self-directed IRA or CMA account, you also qualify for the following benefits:
- Commission-free trades begin within 5 business days of account opening and must be used within 90 calendar days; up to 300 trades per account. Commission-free trades are only applicable in the new self directed account and are limited to online equity and ETF trades. Brokerage fees associated with, but not limited to, margin transactions, option trading, special stock registration/gifting, account transfer and processing, research request and termination apply. Trades are not transferable and are not available for Merrill Edge Advisory Center accounts or other Merrill Lynch Wealth Management accounts. Merrill Edge does not, and this offer is not meant to, promote day trading or solicit engagement in day trading activities. Day trading can be extremely risky. Investors are solely responsible for their own investment decisions, and should research any investment strategy carefully before investing.
- Merrill Edge MarketPro® Trial begins within 5 business days of opening your self-directed account and expires after 90 calendar days. To learn about additional ways to qualify for Merrill Edge MarketPro®, see merrilledge.com/marketpro. Not available for employees of Bank of America or Merrill Lynch and business accounts.
The value of this reward you receive may constitute taxable income. In addition, Merrill Lynch may issue an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) to you that reflects the value of this reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as Bank of America Corporation and its affiliates and associates do not provide tax advice.
This offer may not be used as an inducement to sell any kind of insurance, including life insurance or annuities.
2 Eligibility: Commissions are only waived for online stock and ETF trades conducted via an individual or jointly owned online investing and trading personal CMA or IRA account.
Qualify for 30 $0 online stock and ETF trades per month (meet any one of these criteria):
- $25,000 or more in combined balances in your Bank of America deposit accounts through 09/30/2017
- $25,000 or more in combined cash balances in your Merrill Edge online investing and trading personal CMA and/or IRA accounts through 09/30/2017
- Preferred Rewards Platinum client
Qualify for 100 $0 online stock and ETF trades per month (meet any one of these criteria):
- Preferred Rewards Platinum Honors clients
- U.S. Trust Client
For details about commissions, transaction fees and any other fees that may apply visit merrilledge.com/pricing
. Certain account types are not eligible. Other restrictions may apply. Relationship requirements and pricing are subject to change and/or termination without advance notice. For full details about ways to qualify for $0 trades, call 888.MER.EDGE (888.637.3343) or visit merrilledge.com/$0detail
Merrill Edge MarketPro®
is available to clients who maintain a Merrill Edge self-directed relationship. To qualify, you must maintain total combined balances of $50,000 or more in your Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts and Bank of America, N.A. deposit accounts, or make at least 15 self-directed trades per quarter. Platinum Privileges, Preferred Rewards Platinum or Preferred Rewards Platinum Honors also qualify. Not available to investment professionals or for trust accounts and business accounts. Relationship requirements and pricing are subject to change. To learn more go to merrilledge.com/marketpro. Merrill Edge MarketPro®
provides Real-Time Market Data and News from various third-party sources not affiliated with Merrill Lynch, including Interactive Data Corporation. News headlines are provided from third-party sources, including Dow Jones, PR Newswire and Business Wire.
Certain banking and brokerage accounts may be ineligible for real-time money movement, including but not limited to transfers to/from bank IRAs (CD, Money Market), 529s, Safe Balance banking accounts and Credit Cards and transfers from IRAs, Loans (HELOC, LOC, Mortgage) and accounts held in the military bank. Accounts eligible for real-time transfers will be displayed online in the to/from drop down menu on the transfer screen.
5 Institutional Investor
magazine announced BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research as the Top Global Research Firm for 2011—2016 based on surveys held throughout the year. The magazine creates rankings of the top research analysts in a wide variety of specializations, drawn from the choices of portfolio managers and other investment professionals at more than 1,000 firms. For more information about this award, go to http://www.institutionalinvestor.com/Article/3646543/ResearchArticle.html
BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research has nearly 700 analysts in more than 20 countries, covering more than 2,800 companies. These analysts specialize in equity, macro and credit research. Merrill Edge Select Funds and Select ETFs allow you to review funds by a Morningstar category that meets a Merrill Lynch screening standard to help you identify investments that are in line with your personal need and investment objectives.