401(k) Quick Links
Easy to Start, Convenient to Use
- Quick online account opening and set-up that can be done in minutes. A designated consultant from your recordkeeper, Plan Administrators, Inc., can help you when you need it.1
- A secure online platform makes plan set-up and ongoing administration simple and convenient.
- Converting an existing plan to Merrill Edge is simple too - and help is available every step of the way.
- Invest in individual funds selected by Morningstar Associates, LLC or in Morningstar's model investment portfolios that help take the guesswork out of fund selection.1
- Clear, understandable plan features to help your employees start investing in their future.
- Online educational and instructional resources to help your employees get their retirement program started and help keep it on track.
- Opportunity for you and your employees to each contribute up to $18,000 pre-tax annually — over three times the limit compared to an IRA. Add an employer matching contribution for a total contribution limit of $53,000.*
- Your business may be eligible for a tax credit of up to $500 for each of the first three years if this is your first 401(k) plan and you have 100 or fewer employees.
- Contributions you make on behalf of your employees, including employer contributions, and administration fees, are generally deductible by your business.
Fees and Charges
- Plan set-up and ongoing monthly administration fees are paid by the business.
- Set up your plan today and we'll waive the setup fee — a savings of up to $1,390. (Other administrative or transactional fees may apply.) See fees and charges chart.
- Asset-based fees and a small monthly recordkeeping fee are paid from participant accounts.
- Compare your existing 401(k) plan pricing - you may save money by converting to a Merrill Edge Small Business 401(k). See how your plan compares
*Contribution limits are subject to a cost-of-living adjustment annually pursuant to the Internal Revenue Code. Contribution limits for subsequent years may vary.
1Plan administrative and recordkeeping services for Merrill Edge Small Business 401(k) are provided by Plan Administrators, Inc. (PAi). Investment advisory and fi duciary services are provided by Morningstar Associates, LLC, a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. Morningstar Associates, LLC is a provider of investment management solutions including investment advisory and retirement plan services. Educational call center support will be provided by PAi. Bank of America Corporation, PAi and Morningstar Associates, LLC are not affiliated.
Any tax statements contained herein were not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding U.S. federal, state or local tax penalties. Neither Merrill Edge nor its Financial Solutions Advisors provide tax, accounting or legal advice. Clients should review any planned financial transactions or arrangements that may have tax, accounting or legal implications with their personal professional advisors.