401(k) Quick Links
Easy to Start, Convenient to Use
- Quick online account opening and set-up that can be done in minutes. A designated consultant from your recordkeeper, Plan Administrators, Inc., can help you when you need it.
- Easy-to-understand pricing that is lower than most 401(k) plans.
- A secure online platform makes plan set-up and ongoing administration simple and convenient.
- Converting an existing plan to Merrill Edge is simple too - and help is available every step of the way.
- Invest in individual funds selected by Morningstar Associates, LLC or in Morningstar's model investment portfolios that help take the guesswork out of fund selection.
- Clear, understandable plan features to help your employees be more confident investing for their future.
- Online educational and instructional resources to help your employees get their retirement program started and help keep it on track.
- Opportunity for you and your employees to each contribute up to a total of $17,500 2013* pre-tax annually - over three times the limit compared to an IRA.
- Your business may be eligible for a tax credit of up to $500 for each of the first three years if this is your first 401(k) plan and you have 100 or fewer employees.
- Contributions you make on behalf of your employees, including employer contributions, and administration fees, are generally deductible by your business.
Fees and Charges
- Plan set-up and ongoing monthly administration fees are paid by the business.
- The initial cost to set up a plan includes a one-time setup fee and the first month's administration fee.
- Asset-based fees and a small monthly recordkeeping fee are paid from participant accounts.
- Compare your existing 401(k) plan pricing - you may save money by converting to a Merrill Edge Small Business 401(k). See how your plan compares
*Contribution limits are subject to a cost-of-living adjustment annually pursuant to the Internal Revenue Code. Contribution limits for subsequent years may vary.