1 Offer valid
only for new Merrill Edge self-directed IRA or CMA accounts. Offer is limited to one per account type (CMA or IRA); two total per accountholder (or per all accountholders of a joint account). Eligible IRAs limited to Rollover, Traditional, Roth and Sole-Proprietor SEP IRAs only. This offer does not apply to Merrill Edge Guided Investing Accounts, Business/Corporate Accounts, Investment Club Accounts, Partnership Accounts and certain fiduciary accounts held with Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (MLPF&S). Merrill Edge reserves the right to change or cancel this offer at any time.
How to Enroll:
Customers must enroll by entering the offer code in the online application or providing the code when speaking with a Merrill Edge Financial Solutions Advisor at 888.637.3343
or select Bank of America financial centers
How it works:
- Enroll in offer when you open an account or ask to be enrolled.
- Fund your account within 45 days with funds originating outside Bank of America and MLPF&S. Funds cannot originate from 401(k) accounts administered by MLPF&S.
- For purposes of this offer, qualifying balances are calculated by adding total incoming assets or transfers (including cash, securities and/or margin debit balance transfers) from external accounts, and subtracting assets withdrawn or transferred out of the account within the 90-day holding period.
- Assets of $20,000 to $49,999 in cash and/or securities receive $100; for $50,000-$99,999 receive $150; for $100,000-$199,999 receive $250; for $200,000 or more receive $600. You must have the qualifying balance 90 days after funding.
- Your one-time cash reward will be deposited into your IRA or CMA within two weeks after you meet qualifying criteria.
If your new account is a Merrill Edge self-directed IRA or CMA account, you also qualify for the following benefits:
- Commission-free trades begin within 5 business days of account opening and must be used within 90 calendar days; up to 300 trades per account. Commission-free trades are only applicable in the new self directed account and are limited to online equity and ETF trades. Brokerage fees associated with, but not limited to, margin transactions, option trading, special stock registration/gifting, account transfer and processing, research request and termination apply. Trades are not transferable and are not available for Merrill Edge Advisory Center accounts or other Merrill Lynch Wealth Management accounts. Merrill Edge does not, and this offer is not meant to, promote day trading or solicit engagement in day trading activities. Day trading can be extremely risky. Investors are solely responsible for their own investment decisions, and should research any investment strategy carefully before investing.
- Merrill Edge MarketPro Trial begins within 5 business days of opening your self-directed account and expires after 90 calendar days. To learn about additional ways to qualify for Merrill Edge MarketPro, see merrilledge.com/marketpro. Not available for employees of Bank of America or Merrill Lynch and business accounts.
The value of this reward you receive may constitute taxable income. In addition, Merrill Lynch may issue an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) to you that reflects the value of this reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as Bank of America Corporation and its affiliates and associates do not provide tax advice.
This offer may not be used as an inducement to sell any kind of insurance, including life insurance or annuities.
Fidelity's standard online price is $7.95 per equity or ETF trade (excluding certain iShares and Fidelity ETFs offered commission-free). E*TRADE's standard online price for equity, ETF or option trade is $9.99, $7.99 for customers who trade at least 150 times per quarter, $6.99 for customers who trade 1,500+ times per quarter. TD Ameritrade's standard online price is $9.99 per equity or ETF trade. Note: Competitive comparison pricing information as of 02/02/2017 excludes special promotional offerings and sales of fractional shares.
Certain banking and brokerage accounts may be ineligible for real-time money movement, including but not limited to transfers to/from bank IRAs (CD, Money Market), 529s and Credit Cards and transfers from IRAs, Loans (HELOC, LOC, Mortgage) and accounts held in the military bank. Accounts eligible for real-time transfers will be displayed online in the to/from drop down menu on the transfer screen.